- Heath McAllister and Katie Stage, who are both naturopathic doctors from Arizona. Heath and Katie were with us last year, leading packed and very popular classes. They are returning to share their herbal experience from their busy practices in their class Formulation Strategies for Acute and Chronic Conditions, where participants will learn about the nuances of formulation and dosing strategies.
- Juliet Blankespoor, from Asheville, North Carolina. This is Juliet’s first year at Herbstalk and we are thrilled to have her as part of our teaching team. She runs the Chestnut School of Herbal Medicine and has been teaching about herbal medicine and botany for over 20 years. Juliet will be teaching an intensive on Medicinal Mushrooms, covering the traditional uses and medicinal attributes of these fungal allies.
- Larken Bunce, coming to us from the Vermont Center of Integrative Herbalism. Her class, Living Medicine: 5 Phases for the Western Herbalist will weave the wisdom of the five elements of Chinese medicine into the assessment of psychological and physiological imbalances. Larken is an engaging and insightful teacher who brings her love of both science and spirit to her classes.
- Margi Flint, of Earthsong Herbals in Marblehead, MA. Margi is a widely respected herbalist who runs a busy family practice and herb school. We are honored to have her teach at Herbstalk this year. Margi will be sharing her wisdom through her class Reading the Body, where students will learn how external markings and facial indications correlate to organ health.
- Tommy Priester, of Bear Medicine Herbs in Lincoln, MA. We are excited to have Tommy return to Herbstalk for the second year in a row. This time he will be sharing a fascinating and important topic through his class, The Liver: Our Master Organ. Tommy will bring his extensive knowledge of Western herbalism, nutrition and ancient wisdom traditions to share with us.
Please purchase your tickets soon if you wish to attend one of these classes as space is extremely limited. Intensives also include a Weekend Pass which gives access to ALL other non-intensive classes on June 7 & 8 – an excellent deal!
If you are not planning on attending an Intensive, but are looking forward to all the other non-intensive offerings, Weekend Pass tickets for our 30+ classes and plant walks will go on sale on April 15th, so stay tuned. We will also be posting our class schedule soon…
Our marketplace is FREE so if attending classes is not your thing, you can still learn a lot and interact with the amazing herbalists and crafters in our marketplace!